If you would like to get started on your own to get some ballpark prices, here is a good guideline to follow:
Kitchen and Bath Measurement
If you’re considering doing business with us, we will come out to your home and professionally measure your kitchen or bath project for free. Feel free to set an appointment when you’re ready.
Measuring a Kitchen or Bath On Your Own
- Get some graph paper (you can download it here if needed).
- Draw a sketch of your kitchen following the above diagram as a sample. Show all window and door openings. Measurement of door and window openings should include moldings.
- Fill in all dimensions. Measure each section of the wall and the overall dimensions of the wall. The total of the sections should add up to the overall wall dimension.
- Measure ceiling height or measure from the floor to the bottom of the soffits, if soffits are involved.
- Measure all existing appliances that are going to be used in the kitchen. Show whether refrigerator or freezer hinges are on the left or right side of the appliance.
- Do not measure existing cabinets. Measure kitchen walls as though the kitchen was bare.
An accurate measurement helps our professional designers use all of the space in your kitchen efficiently. Even if you do come to the showroom with your own measurements, our professional staff will measure your kitchen before we order any product, and they will be put through or comprehensive technical review.